By forming your own little assembly line, you can make more cards in less time. I'll explain how using these cards that feature the Taylored Expressions' "Beauty Lies Within" die sets as an example:
Gather your supplies:
- Cuttlebug & plates (or other diecutting system)
- Taylored Expressions “Beauty Lies Within” die sets
- 2½” scallop circle punch
- Corner Rounder
- Onyx Liquid Pearls by Ranger
- White Ribbon or Seam Binding Tape
- Various Embossing Folders
- Misc. Cardstock (for the cards shown above, I used 3 pieces of Desert Storm 8.5"x11", 2 pieces of white 8.5"x11", 3 pieces of black 8.5"x11", 1 piece each of light pink, dark pink, light teal and dark teal)
- Black ink pad (such as Ranger Archival) & sentiments stamps
By doing all your cutting, embossing, punching, corner rounding, etc. for all six cards at a time, you will save time!
Get your pieces ready:
□ From Desert Storm cardstock, cut 6 Card Bases 5½”x8½”. Fold each in half.
□ From White cardstock, cut 6 pieces 5”x3¾”. Using corner rounder, round all corners.
□ From Black cardstock, cut 6 pieces 5¼”x4”. Using corner rounder, round all corners.
□ From Black cardstock, cut 6 pieces 5”x2⅛”.
□ From Light Pink cardstock, cut 3 pieces 5”x2”. Dry emboss using Cuttlebug and embossing folder.
□ From Light Teal cardstock, cut 3 pieces 5”x2”. Dry emboss using Cuttlebug and embossing folder.
□ From Dark Pink Cardstock, punch 3 scalloped circles using 2½” scallop circle punch
□ From Dark Teal Cardstock, punch 3 scalloped circles using 2½” scallop circle punch
□ From Black cardstock, use desired dies to cut images for each card. (You’ll need six.)
To assemble each card:
1. Adhere light colored embossed piece to black cardstock that is slightly bigger.
2. Adhere large white cardstock piece to large black cardstock piece. (Make sure the corners are rounded first.)
3. Adhere the piece from Step 1 above to the piece from Step 2 above. Tie ribbon around center. Then, adhere entire piece to card base using foam adhesive dots or your favorite adhesive.
4. Stamp sentiment on bottom of white cardstock as shown. (or wherever desired)
5. Place black diecut shape onto scallop circle. Adhere to card using foam adhesive dots.
6. Place small dots of Onyx Liquid Pearls as shown. (or wherever desired) Let dry.
Usually when I make multiples of the same style of card, I'll create one card first. Then I decide how many more I want to make and bust out into assembly line mode. And, by mixing and matching colors it makes the process fun.
Keep in mind that you never make mistakes, just opportunities to embellish!