Last night we offered a scrapbooking class which featured accents created with paper, including paper pleated borders. While pleating paper can be a bit time-comsuming, the results are impressive!
Check out this page:
- Blue Cardstock: Cut 9.5”x9” and border punch left side. Ink edges with brown ink. Adhere to White Boardwalk patterned paper.
- Burgandy Cardstock: Cut to 8”x8”. Ink edges with brown ink. Adhere to blue cardstock.
THE FAUX RIBBON (PLEATED PAPER):
- Cut three 12”x½” strips from 4 different patterned papers. (You will need 2½ strips for each side.)
- Using a pencil, turn strip you’re going to pleat over and mark at 1 cm, skip 2 & mark, then mark at 1 cm, skip 2 & mark, etc. NOTE: YOU CAN ALSO ACCOMPLISH THIS USING A SCORE BOARD.
- Fold at each mark, back & forth to form pleated faux ribbon. Put adhesive on small areas as you fold. Repeat with two more strips to get the desired length. Cut V at each end.
- Repeat the above steps with other 3 patterns.
- Adhere faux pleated ribbon as shown.
- Insert brad where each faux ribbon meets. (Punch first with long-reach punch (Crop-a-dile).
- Mustard Cardstock: Punch 2 pennants and 1 triangle.
- Mustard Cardstock: Stamp “remember” with brown ink then punch with label punch. Ink edges with brown ink.
- Blue Cardstock: Punch 3 medium hexagons. Ink edges with brown ink.
- Burgandy Cardstock: Punch 2 medium hexagons. Ink edges with brown ink.
- Patterned Paper: Punch various small hexagons.
- After creating all the embellishments, adhere as shown (or as desired.) Use foam adhesive dots to add dimension on some of your embellishments.
- This layout is perfect for one 4”x6” picture and two 2”x3” pictures. Crop and mount your pictures.
- Add journaling to mustard-colored pennants and triangle.
The patterned papers used in this sample include: Simple Stories White Boardwalk Paper, Simple Stories Homemade Happiness Paper and Echo Park Homeade Floral Paper.
Give paper pleating a try and use it as accents on scrapbook pages, cards, shadowboxes and other creative projects.