I love the new "Wishes & Dreams" brads and floral embellishments from Prima. However, the paper didn't exactly match the page I had in mind. So, I decided to create my own background paper using the brads and flowers as inspiration.
I love the resulting page:
The supplies I used included:
- Distress Ink Pads (Dusty Concord & Peacock Feathers)
- Ranger Ink Applicator & Foam
- White 12"x12" smooth cardstock
- Prima "Wishes & Dreams" Flowers & Brads
- Non-Stick Craft Sheet
- Paper Punches (circle punches & EK border punch)
- Ranger Dylusions Sprays (Fresh Lime & Crushed Grape)
- 12"x12" Cardstock (white, black, purple, green)
Here's the steps necessary to accomplish a page like this:
1. Create your stencil: Using one piece of white 12”x12” cardstock, punch a border along one side and circles on another area.
2. Use your stencil to add patterns of ink to a white 12”x12” cardstock: Place stencil on top of white cardstock, ink up Ink Applicator/Foam with desired color, and add color within stenciled area by making circular motions.
3. Open caps of Dylusions Sprays and drop ink onto page.
4. Border punch strips of cardstock (black, purple & green) and layer on left side of page as desired.
5. Cut photo mat(s) out of black cardstock and place on page. Add photo(s).
6. Embellish page with brads & flowers.
7. Cut words and punch circles from Prima cut outs sheet and adhere to page.
8. Add hand-written words around circles.
9. Admire your beautiful work!
This is what the stencil looks like after using it: