Washi tape is simply paper tape with patterns on it. It's available in a wide variety of colors and patterns. It can be used in fun, creative ways to make embsllishments and accents or simplly applied in straight lines on your craft projects.
One thing I enjoy doing with it is making flowers! So, check out these easy steps:
1. Punch or cut a circle using cardstock. (I didn't have a circle punch the size I needed, so I traced the center of a washi tape spool and cut it out! It was the perfect size.)
2. Pleat the washi tape around the outside of the circle as shown.
3. Complete the circle and tuck the cut edge under a pleat.
4. Pleat the wash tape around the inside of the circle.
5. Add a button, brad, rhinestone or other embellishment to center of flower.
Next, apply your beautiful flower on a card or other project!
If you don't like the first flower you create, don't fret. I threw my first one in the garbage. My next one was terrific!
To practice this technique and others, you can always join us for my "Wild about Washi Cardmaking Class" on November 7th! Read more about it: https://www.scrappersedge.net/Classes.html
Call to register: 707-445-9686