Tips for mixing and matching patterned papers:
- Use patterned papers from one coordinating line, like the Simple Stories “Life Documented” line featured above. This ensures that all the colors will work well together.
- Mix different size patterns together, such as one large patterned and two or more smaller patterns.
- Try to use at least one of the same papers on each page of a two-page layout. This helps tie the pages together and look more cohesive.
- Include a similar element on both pages of a two-page layout to strengthen the cohesiveness. Examples of this in the two-page layout shown above are the stripe through the center of both pages and the solid strip on the left of both pages.
- Mat your photos on one or two colors of solid-colored cardstock. Use cardstock that matches one or more of the colors in the patterned paper. This will help the make your pictures the focus of your pages.